Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Fairhaven Ministries Position on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality for Staff
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen 2:18-25).
- We believe God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to one another (1Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4).
- We believe that God commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a woman. Such activity is deemed sinful and offensive to God throughout Scripture.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behaviour, bisexual conduct, beastiality, incest, or any attempt to change ones’s sex or disagree with one’s biological sex) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10).
- We also believe that the power of the Holy Spirit can help a person overcome any of the above mentioned sins and that other sins not listed are also offensive to God (1 Cor 10:13; 2 Tim 3:1-5).
- We believe in order to preserve the function and integrity of Fairhaven Ministries, and to provide a biblical role model to those that participate in the ministry of Fairhaven Ministries, it is imperative that all persons employed by Fairhaven Ministries in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality (Mat 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22).
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11).